IT'S YOUR RIGHT TO TEST.
Your company trusts you to hire drug-free and dependable employees. As an employer you have the right to implement strict drug screenings — as part of your background-checking program or Drug Screening Policy — in order to safeguard your company and your current employees. Just consider this report from the U.S. Department of Labor, which states that 13.9 million people over the age of 12 have used illegal drugs in the last thirty days. If your company has a high turnover rate, this statistic is certainly resonates.
Individuals who abuse illegal drugs not only bring down your company morale and productivity, they also pose huge financial risks. Statistics show that persons who abuse drugs and alcohol are 2.5 times more likely to miss work, 3.6 times more likely to cause on the job accidents, and 5 times more likely to file worker compensation claims, all acts that pose health risks to current employees. Implementing a drug testing program results in an overall lower employee turnover rate, which in turn results in less time and money in training and a better over all work place environment.
Pre-employment drug screening is highly regulated by Federal and State courts and failing to abide by these regulations can result in litigation. CNet technologies follows strict observance of Federal and State compliance laws by conducting drug testing in SAMSHA certified labs exclusively and accepting results by Medical Review Officers only. In order to ensure your results, we work with certified partners, like Quest and LabCorp, who conduct routine audits and are charged with obeying compliance in drug screening. Follow this link to find further information regarding state drug screening laws (PDF) and what legalization means for you.
Our full range of drug screening tests for employment include alcohol and drug testing through urine, hair follicle, and saliva testing. Screens test for the presence of a specific drug or the presence of a drug's metabolites. While detection rates vary depending on the specific drug tested, all drug screens test the presence of a drug or drug metabolite, not the amount of a specific drug in the system. Positive samples are subject to confirmation via gas chromatography/mass spectrometry tests. Negative results can be reported after just 24 hours.
All of our tests are conducted by a SAMSHA certified labs and examined by an official Medical Review Officer.
Pre-Employment Urine Testing
Urine testing is the most common form of pre-employment and post-accident drug testing due to its cost effectiveness and ability to detect the presence of a large range of drugs. It is currently the only drug test acceptable for federally mandated tests. In urine testing, most drugs have a 1-3 day detection window, however marijuana and PCP can be detected for up to a month depending on the candidate's use. Urine sample tests:
- 5 Panel Urine Drug Test – Urine samples are tested for Marijuana (THC), Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, and Morphine), PCP (Angel Dust), Cocaine, and Amphetamines (MDMA, Molly, Ecstasy). All of our tests are conducted by a SAMSHA certified lab and examined by an official Medical Review Officer.
- Prescription Drug Test – Barbiturates, Methadone, Quaaludes, Demerol, OxyContin, Percocet, Benzodiazepines, etc.
- Alcohol – Urine is tested for the presence of alcohol for up to 48 hours.
Pre-Employment Hair Follicle Drug Testing
Hair testing is considered a far greater measure of drug abuse than urine testing and produces 2.5 times the number of positives than urine tests. While urine testing is only valid for up to 3 days, hair follicle testing has a longer detection window and can detect the presence of residue compounds for up to 90 days for illegal drugs and up to 2 days for alcohol. While many pre-employment screening companies rely solely on urine testing, CNet's 5-Panel and 9-Panel hair follicle testing is far more inclusive and tests for:
- 5 Panel Hair Follicle Drug Test – Hair follicles are tested for Marijuana (THC), Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, and Morphine), PCP (Angel Dust), Cocaine, and Amphetamines (MDMA, Molly, Ecstasy). All of our tests are conducted by a SAMSHA certified lab and examined by an official Medical Review Officer.
- 9 Panel Hair Follicle Drug Test – Hair follicles are tested for Marijuana (THC), Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, and Morphine), PCP (Angel Dust), Cocaine, Amphetamines (MDMA, Moly, Ecstasy), Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Barbiturates, and Propoxyphene. All of our tests are conducted by a SAMSHA certified lab and examined by an official Medical Review Officer.
- Alcohol Test – Hair follicles are tested for the presence of alcohol for up to 48 hours.
- With CNet, your pre-employment drug testing will be carried out by a reputable vendor and we guarantee accurate and timely results. CNet's web-based pre-employment screening technology delivers these results right to your CNet online dashboard without requiring endless and tedious paperwork.